- What personal information do we collect? We collect the following information when you use the Website:
- Personal Information. We will collect and store information about you which third parties could use to identify, locate or contact you, including either alone or when used in combination, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, driver’s license number, and date of birth (“Personal Information”) about you when you sign up to access our services. We may collect and store Personal Information about you when you use the Website. We may also collect Personal Information which you provide directly to us, for instance when you subscribe to communications, send us a comment or question, respond to a survey, or enter a contest, sweepstakes or other promotional program.
- Aggregate Data. We collect some information that does not personally identify you and is not readily available for that purpose, including information relating to your use of the Website, your IP address, geolocation, type of browser, operating system, search requests, website traffic information, the date and time you visited our Website, the amount of time you used the Website, the pages viewed, any device you are using to access the Website, the websites you visited after leaving our Website, and any hyperlinks you click on when using the Website (“Aggregate Data”).
- Information From Third Party Sources. We may also collect additional information about you from public databases and data aggregators, including information about purchasing behavior, market research data or publicly observed data via online activities, such as social media or other user generated content sites. We may combine this information with other information we collect from you to customize your experience when using the Website. Other users and third parties visiting the Website may be able to view certain information that you make available to them, such as your name, username, products purchased and sold, and any information you sold or bought.
- What Information won’t we collect? We do not intend to collect personal information regarding a person’s race, political beliefs, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, sexual life, criminal record, or other similar types of information (“Sensitive Information”) from you, so please do not send us Sensitive Information or post Sensitive Information on the Website. Do not request Sensitive Information from, or send Sensitive Information to, other users of the Website. We also do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone under thirteen (13) years old, and will not knowingly do so..
- How do we use your information? We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Website, or use certain other Website features in the following ways:
- To respond to your questions, comments or complaints.
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product and service offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our Website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To protect our legal rights or interests, or those of third parties, including to bring a legal action against you or anyone who may be causing harm to us or our Website.
- How do we protect your information? We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information. We protect your Personal Information using physical, technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to data centers, and information access authorization controls. HOWEVER, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR A MOBILE DEVICE CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU PROVIDE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- What third-parties will we disclosure your Personal Information to? We limit the parties with which we share your Personal Information, although we may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Employees and Affiliates. Our employees and affiliates who have a need to know the information in order to perform their job duties and responsibilities.
- To Our Users. We share data with users as necessary to support the Website.
- Third-Party Service Providers. Our third-party service providers that host and manage the Website or that provide services through the Website. We do this to: (i) provide targeted advertising and other marketing; (ii) improve the content and functionality of the Website; (iii) perform data analysis and statistical analysis of information; and (iv) troubleshoot problems with the Website. Such third-party service providers include the payment processing companies.
- Government Officials/Law Enforcement. We will cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies, including by disclosing your Personal Information, if you are suspected of violating applicable laws. We may disclose your Personal Information to governmental officials, law enforcement or other similar governmental personnel: (i) if we believe in good faith we are legally required to disclose that Personal Information; (ii) if we are advised to disclose your Personal Information by our legal counsel; or (iii) when necessary to identify, contact or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of, us or any other party.
- Professional Advisors. Our professional advisors such as our attorneys, accountants, financial and business advisors in their capacity as advisors to us.
- Change in Ownership. In the event we are the subject of a change of control transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of our assets or equity or in the event the Website changes ownership, in whole or in part, or a bankruptcy, receivership or similar transaction, we may provide your Personal Information to the subsequent owner(s).
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties when explicitly requested by or consented to by you, or for the purposes for which you disclosed the Personal Information to us as indicated at the time and point of the disclosure (or as was obvious at the time and point of disclosure from the context of collection).
- Third-party links. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- California Online Privacy Protection Act. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to obtain (a) a list of all third parties to whom the Company may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com.
- How does our site handle Do Not Track signals? We take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of our visitors and customers. However, we cannot promise or guarantee that current online applications programming will address every browser setting or honor every personal browser preference. We currently honor “Do Not Track” or “DNT” browser signals at this time. Note that third parties may collect Personal Information and other information about your activities over time and across different websites when you visit our Website or other websites.
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not publish content that is targeted to children. We do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone under age 13 and will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose such information. If you are under 13, you should not transmit any Personal Information about yourself to us. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her Personal Information without your permission or consent, we will make reasonable efforts to remove the information from our database, at your written request. To request the removal of your child’s information, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include in your message the same information, including email address that your child submitted.
- CAN SPAMAct. The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
- Consent to Processing in the United States. By providing Personal Information to us, you understand and consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Information in the United States, regardless that certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of Personal Information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the European Union or other jurisdictions. The Website is intended for use only in the United States; therefore, if you are a resident of the European Union or other country, we do not make any guarantees that your use of the Website is permitted.
- How do we communicate with you? You agree that we may contact you in response to communications from you, to provide you with promotional emails, to provide you information about your account or your orders, and to provide you information about the Website whether by cell phone, landline, text, email or mail. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com.
Wachtel Tree Science, Inc.
P.O. Box 716
Merton, WI 53056 USA
Last Edited on April 1, 2018